Follow the Scottish Outdoor access code so that everyone (including our fantastic Scottish Wildlife) can enjoy the great outdoors
Outdoor Access Scotland has put together this outdoor access code as a guide to help everyone understand their access rights and responsibilities.
The main responsibilities can be summarised as -
- Take responsibility for your own actions - e.g. care for your own safety, keep alert for hazards, take special care with children.
- Respect people's privacy and peace of mind - e.g. do not act in ways that might annoy or alarm people, especially at night. Please respect the privacy of those that live and work on the estates.
- Help land managers and others to work safely and effectively - e.g. keep clear of land management operations like harvesting or tree-felling, avoid damaging crops, leave gates as you find them. Where possible Rosebery Estates try to provide diversions for paths closed due to management works, please follow the information and signs provided.
- Care for your environment - e.g. don't disturb wildlife, take your litter away with you. Leave only foot prints!
- Keep your dog under proper control - dogs are popular companions, but take special care if near livestock, or during the bird breeding season, and always pick up after your dog.
Please follow estate signage regarding close control of dogs in lambing and ground nesting bird breeding season especially.